Gopher Resource has a 71-year history of environmental excellence and responsible operations. Every decision we make is driven by our commitment to protecting the environment. It’s what we do, meticulously, 365 days a year. It’s also how we think and invest.
In the past decade alone, we have voluntarily invested over $100 million in environmental initiatives, equipment and new technology. We lead in the research, development and application of technologies that advance safe, sustainable lead battery recycling for our entire industry.
- Keep approximately 20 million spent lead-based automotive, industrial and stationary batteries from going into landfills annually
- Process nearly 500 million pounds of lead annually for re-use
- Process over 30 million pounds of polypropylene into pellets for re-use
- Operate The Recycling Zone, a community recycling center for Dakota County, Minnesota residents
- Capturing and treating process water and storm water runoff
- Use of solar panels and wind energy
- Use of high-efficiency LED lighting, motors, air filters and scrubbers
- Proactive investments in research and development teams to develop new, sustainable practices
- Collaborating with global industry groups on sustainability
- Operating facilities at the highest regulated capacity for best efficiency
- Tampa administration/safety building was built to LEED Gold Building standards
- Eagan office building air and water is heated by waste heat from the recycling process
- Sourcing of components and furnishings from recycled and recyclable products