The Recycling Zone
Your backyard is our backyard, too. That philosophy has fostered a long-standing partnership between Gopher Resource and the county where we are headquartered.
For over 20 years, Gopher Resource has operated The Recycling Zone in Dakota County, a community recycling center located adjacent to our Eagan campus. The center provides safe, convenient recycling of select household waste, electronics and general recyclable items that would otherwise load up landfills. Most materials are accepted at no charge to county residents and businesses.
Community Classroom and Tours
The Recycling Zone features an onsite community classroom where school and community groups can learn the benefits of earth-friendly practices. Tours are free to county residents. Click here to schedule a tour.
- Household hazardous waste – aerosols, paints, batteries, etc.
- Reusable products – lawn and garden products, paint, cleaning products, etc.
- Recyclables – aluminum, cardboard, glass, plastic, scrap metal, paper, etc.
- Household electronics
For a full list of materials accepted and associated fees, please see The Dakota County Recycling Zone website.
Wednesday 9 am - 8 pm; Thursday Noon - 8 pm; Friday 9 am - 5 pm; Saturday 8 am - 5 pm
Sunday thru Tuesday - Closed
Quick Facts (annually)
The Recycling Zone is Minnesota's second-largest household hazardous waste and recyclables facility, with one of the lowest-cost-per-vehicle operating ratios.
- Serves over 60,000 people
- Collects over 4.1 million pounds of hazardous waste
- Collects over 1.4 million pounds of steel, plastics, glass and paper waste
- Diverts 2.1 million pounds of electronics from landfills
- Facilitates the re-use of over 260,000 pounds of paint, cleaning supplies and other materials